Amber Ticker





Sunday, October 11, 2009

Unknown blogger's post shows wonderful insight.

I don't know who this poster on a blog is but I think he is a hero.  Only hero's talk like this.  This web-site iall about what I see Americans are made of.  I like this.

Cardinals miss chance to show class
To:All Oct-10 98245.1

greatwakePosts:3

I just watched my Cardinals lose in the NLDS. I'm ok with that, I'm no longer greedy, their 2006 win is recent enough to tide me over for a while. Good for the Dodgers. Hope they do well.

What frustrates me is this: My recollection is that when the Cards beat the Dodgers in the 2004 NLDS, the Cards clinched in Los Angeles. And the Dodger players lined up, then went out on the field, and congratulated the Cards players, just like in a high school game today. That's the last time I saw that done on a major league field. It was a special moment for this great game. The Cards had a chance to return the favor tonight. They missed it. No matter how frustrated they were with baserunning and fielding probems, with a lack of hitting, with losing, it was still a chance to show some class and return that kindness the Dodgers showed 5 years ago. Maybe they'll have that chance another day. I almost hope that next time the two meet in the playoffs that my Cards lose, just so they can make amends and show some class.

I Think there had to be some leadership on the Dodgers that evening (was it late afternoon?) to start that. I'd like to see a replay of that to see which Dodgers were at the front of that line. Maybe it was Jim Tracy, the manager, who got 'em up the steps and out there... The top 4 Dodgers on the payroll in '94 were Shawn Green ($16.67 mil), Darren Dreifort ($11.4 mil), Hideo Nomo ($9 mil), and Steve Finley ($7 ml). Maybe it was Finley and Green... Alex Cora made the last out, maybe he did it... Someone did. Whoever he is, baseball should honor him.

And I'm more disappointed in this lost chance to show some class, to repay that from 5 years ago, than I am the missed balls in the field, the missed fast balls tonight, and all the rest. Maybe the frustration of the moment prevented it... I wish I'd seen that tonight.

No comments: